If you are an ACPA member, please contact Eric Ferrebee for editing access to the content of this resource.
The American Concrete Pavement Association (ACPA) is the national trade association for the concrete pavement industry. ACPA is recognized as the voice of the concrete pavement industry, and works closely with industry, the public sector, and academia in its mission to advocate for the use of concrete pavements in highways, airports, streets and roads, and industrial pavements.
In support of its mission, ACPA maintains strong working relationships with its network of ACPA-affiliated Chapter/State paving associations, as well as technology partners, the National Concrete Pavement Technology Center (National CP Tech Center) and the International Grooving & Grinding Association.
As chartered, the association had four purposes, which are still the guiding principles of the association. They are to:
- • Maintain and improve high standards of workmanship.
- • Develop and maintain helpful relationships.
- • Maintain the highest ethical and technical standards in our working relationships with the industry and the public sector; and
- • Fully use research and practical experiences to help create a larger market for concrete pavements.
- American Concrete Pavement Association (Headquarters)
- 9450 W. Bryn Mawr Ave.
- Suite 150
- Rosemont, IL 60018
- Phone: 847.966.2272 | Fax: 847.966.9970
- General email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- (Washington, D.C.-metropolitan area)
- 3925 Chain Bridge Road, Suite 300
- Fairfax, Virginia 22030
- (Charlotte, N.C.)
- 9945 Nicole Lane
- Charlotte, NC 28269
The American Concrete Pavement is led by a Board of Directors, with support from the Strategic Advisory Committee. Since 1964, ACPA has had four chief executives: Harold J. Halm; Marlin J. Knutson, P.E.; Valentin J. Riva; and Gerald F. Voigt, P.E. Each year, the ACPA Board elects a Chairman of the Board, who provides broad policy guidance and direction for the association. (Also see: ACPA Chairmen.)
The American Concrete Pavement Association was formed in 1963 and formally incorporated in the State of Illinois on September 24, 1964. For additional information about the history of ACPA, including a decade-by-decade of the Association and the concrete pavement industry, see the following entries:
- Board of Directors - An illustrated guide to ACPA's Board of Directors, including current and historical information.
- ACPA Chairmen - An illustrated chronicle of Chairmen of the ACPA Board of Directors (1964 to present)
- ACPA Chapter/State Committee Chairs - A complete listing of the Chairs of the ACPA Chapter/State Committee
- Strategic Advisory Committee - Details about ACPA's Strategic Advisory Committee, as well as listings of committee members.