If you are an ACPA member, please contact Eric Ferrebee for editing access to the content of this resource.
Wisconsin Concrete Pavement Association (WCPA)
The members of the Wisconsin Concrete Pavement Association (WCPA) are Wisconsin-based contractors, cement and ready-mix producers, manufacturers, and suppliers. WCPA is recognized as the voice of the concrete pavement industry in Wisconsin and has represented its members to the industry and the public since 1952.
The WCPA's Madison office allows close communication with the DOT. Members receive ongoing communication about the concrete industry through the WCPA's website, e-mail updates, and in-person events.
Year Founded/Affiliated with ACPA
- 1952/1996 (See "History" below)
- Wisconsin Concrete Pavement Association
- 4001 Nakoosa Trail, Suite 101
- Madison, WI 53714
- Phone: 608.240.1020 | Fax: 608.240.1019
- Web: www.wisconcrete.org
- Kevin McMullen, P.E.
- Mobile: 608.209.0878
- Susan Lawniczak
- Executive Assistant
- Mobile: 608.209.0889
- The Wisconsin Concrete Pavement Association formed in 1952, following President Dwight D. Eisenhower’s announcement of the creation of an interstate highway system. Inspired by his experience on Germany’s Autobahns during WWII, Eisenhower believed a network of highways could help move troops across the U.S. quickly in case of war.
- Wisconsin’s concrete paving contractors embraced Eisenhower’s vision. The interstate system meant business for them and jobs for their workers. To take advantage of the opportunity, they decided to organize. By working together as a group, they could work more efficiently with the Wisconsin Highway Department, keep up with advancements in equipment and methods, and make sure Wisconsin received its fair share of Federal dollars.
- The first meeting of the WCPA was held at the Plankinton House Hotel in Milwaukee on January 8, 1952. Thirteen companies attended the meeting, chaired by N.M. Isabella. In November 1954, WCPA hired its first Executive Director, G.I. Germond, and has had a professional staff to support our members ever since.